Manager, Public & Media Relations full-time
Established in 2009, iStopOver offers unique accommodations for family vacations, business travelers and short term rentals. With properties in more than 16,000 cities worldwide you can stay in apartments, villas and even house boats. The alternative to hotel stays, iStopOver has accommodations to suit your every need. Like us, you love the travel sector.
To accommodate its recent expansion, we are hiring a Manager of Public and Media Relations for our small but busy office in downtown Toronto. This is a full time position, with benefits.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Direct outreach to all media (business/ travel and trade)
- Assist with developing and delivery of all Public Relations plans for us.
- Provide recommendations and direction to develop communication tactics including news releases, media pitches and other proactive media outreach opportunities
- Manage daily relationship with key internal partners, including project management, developing briefs and serving as the prime contact for all media related enquiries
- Assist in lead generation as a result of media reach out
- Manage assigned projects, budgets, vendor relationships and contracts for support services including media monitoring, newswire services and monthly reports
You are responsible for generating media coverage -- and lots of it. You will also plan, deliver and track PR campaigns against agreed to objectives. In addition, this role will help identify and manage PR opportunities to support the marketing and communications objectives of the company. Close collaboration with key internal stakeholders and within the Corporate Marketing & Communications (CMC) team is required to ensure all deliverables meet the requirements of the company at large.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing, Communications; or Public Relations Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing, Public Relations within a corporate environment and agency experience
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Proven experience within a Corporate Communications or Public Relations function
- Exceptional business communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of professionals internal and external to the firm
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to work under tight deadlines
- Independent and resourceful self-starter
- Strong initiative and project management skills to coordinate and prioritize a large number of concurrent projects