CARE Canada was established in 1946 as part of an international network bringing emergency relief to the people of Europe. CARE's commitment to humanitarian assistance continues to this day, and is complimented by a broad range of long-term development programmes in water and community health, agroforestry and conservation, and small enterprise and income generation.
CARE Canada is an operational member of the CARE International network, supporting and implementing development projects and relief efforts around the world. We are also the lead CARE member responsible for coordinating the overall efforts of the CARE International network in Cameroon, Chad, Colombia, Cuba, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Kenya, the Russian Federation (Ingushetia and Chechnya), Zambia and Zimbabwe. CARE Canada operates projects in a total of 46 countries. Guided by the aspirations of local communities, we pursue our mission with both excellence and compassion because the people whom we serve deserve nothing less.
Under the direction of the Director of Public Engagement, the Manager of Online Engagement is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and management of all digital fundraising activities, while working closely with other departments as required. The successful candidate will have experience in visioning, planning, directing and managing a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy. The Manager of Online Engagement will have strong, hands-on experience with integrated communications in a complex, multi-channel, multi-stakeholder environment. As chief advocate, the Manager of Online Engagement will be responsible for expanding the integration of the digital environment into the offline channels with emphasis placed on communicating to web audiences and building relationships. This role is a blend of strategic and tactical competencies and is crucial to the effective execution of CARE’s integrated engagement strategy to achieve targets. The Manager of Online Engagement will have demonstrated leadership experience in digital technologies, a passion for innovation and a consistent track record of delivering high quality results.
- Lead the development and execution of a 3-year digital fundraising plan, aligned with the other key stakeholders.
- Implement and execute online engagement plans to launch new products, and build new business opportunities through research and proposal of new products, expand site presence and build brand strategy.
- Develop new and innovative methods for cost effectively reaching audiences.
- Oversee digital performance monitoring. Conduct post mortem analytics and review of execution of strategies/tactics, determine resolutions and take action based on findings for adjustments to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Maintain synchronization of production and development of web servers in partnership with vendor agencies.
- Advances the knowledge of digital development techniques and tools
- Collaborate with other fundraising professionals within the team and contribute to a multi-channel approach as it relates to Donor Engagement.
- Liaises with other CARE offices within the CARE Federation to share best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience. Degree or Diploma in Communications or Marketing a definite asset.
- Solid experience in effectively using digital channels as an engagement tool.
- Proven track record in increasing/ improving digital engagement results.
- Possess an excellent understanding of marketing strategy, brand and product positioning
- Strong project management, organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and a team player.
- Result-oriented with commitment to quality.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills when working with key stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team and a multitude of suppliers.
- Critical thinking - ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply brand, content, risk and technology guidelines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office as well as knowledge of Content Management systems (CSM). High standards of integrity.
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken in English; French is a definite asset.
• Availability to travel occasionally.