Unposting Date 04/29/17
In this role, you will lead the development and execution of our U.S personal and commercial advertising, helping to lead a team of 3-4 direct reports and more than a dozen internal partners to conceive, develop and launch creative and media campaigns that connect audiences with our brand, our people, and our products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Lead creative and media agencies to develop and implement plans for advertising: overseeing the team that drafts and assignment/creative briefs, evaluating creative, and ensuring the team manages production schedules and approvals.
- Shape strategic plans and overall marketing strategies in collaboration with senior product marketers; cultivate and build relationships and collaborate with internal product, digital and social teams, compliance, as well as multiple external creative and media agencies.
- Work closely with agency partners to identify, evaluate and implement advertising tactics and media opportunities and ensure programs are actively managed so that we are tracking toward our goals.
- Oversee the tracking and analysis of performance data to measure effectiveness and find opportunities for improvement.
- Own and manage relationships with key agency partners and the line of business marketing leads across our U.S. businesses.
What you’ll need to have/be to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising; MBA encouraged
- 7-10 years of marketing or brand management experience with an emphasis on digital; agency experience a must and combination of agency and client-side experience preferred.
- 2-3 years leading a team of high-performing, motivated people—junior staff see you as an inspiring leader they count on for counsel, mentorship and development.
- Brilliant communicator and strategic storyteller: you expertly express your views—backed by a strategic framework and data—whether it’s in person, in PowerPoint, or in narrative format. You can be put in front of a senior executive and wow her/him.
- Digital media and creative fluency: strong familiarity with the digital media landscape and deep understanding of how digital media is purchased, managed and measured. You know how to set the right KPI and ensure the brand is getting the most out of its digital investment. A solid understanding of how econometric modeling, multi-touch and fractional attribution can be used to drive results is beneficial; experience connecting online investment to offline sales ideal.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player with the ability to merge varying points-of-view and build partnerships to get things done. You bring a collaborative working style to all that you do—your colleagues seek you out for advice and input, even on projects where your involvement is limited.
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent creative sensibilities: well-developed ability to evaluate whether creative meets strategic objectives and will resonate with the target audience.
- Results-driven: Adept at gathering and analyzing data to gain insight into what works, and develop recommendations to optimize marketing effectiveness. You consistently use data to build a clear and concise point of view, transforming it into meaningful action.
- You’re an expert at managing the creation of online and offline marketing communications: writing clear, succinct creative briefs, leading kick-off meetings with agency and internal partners, managing production and deployment and measuring results.
- Proven ability to manage third-party vendors to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Passion for marketing and advertising, including new trends and technologies.
- Self-motivated and directed; able to turn an idea from concept into a clear plan of action.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.