Expected start date: September 2013
(Subject to change)
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy and Synergy, the Manager – Marketing campaigns and projects will manage the development of marketing campaigns for Cirque du Soleil. He/she will assist in the development of the brands in the organization’s portfolio. He/she will also manage synergy projects between business units and will ensure marketing trends and innovations are monitored.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1) Oversee the development of multi-platform marketing campaigns for the organization’s shows and projects:
- Analyze and understand the needs of internal clients;
- Instruct agencies and/or the internal creation team regarding the development of campaign concepts and present recommendations to internal clients (and to business partners, if applicable);
- Oversee the rollout of marketing campaigns and ensure schedules and budgets are respected;
- Work with clients to analyze the results of campaigns and make recommendations;
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal clients from the business units and corporate groups;
2) Assist in the development of brands in the Cirque du Soleil portfolio:
- Ensure the Cirque du Soleil brand is used in the best possible way in all of the organization’s projects;
- Assist in the implementation of the Cirque du Soleil global brand strategy for each segment and market;
- Working with the Director, assist with brand strategy development and the launch of new brands (shows and new projects);
3) Manage the development and implementation of synergy projects between business units:
- Unite business unit and corporate marketing members in order to develop effective marketing campaigns that are in-line with the brand;
- Oversee the implementation of synergy projects and analyze the results;
4) Participate in the analysis of major trends in communication and marketing innovations worldwide and identify new ideas and methodology in order to maximize the effectiveness and innovativeness of Cirque du Soleil marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong strategic skills and the ability to think “outside the box” and suggest new ideas;
- Curiosity, open-mindedness and a creative and innovative mindset;
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships of trust;
- Natural leadership and persuasive skills;
- An excellent ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent skills in managing a large number of projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or another related discipline;
- A minimum of seven years’ marketing experience, including two to three years’ experience in an advising director or account manager role in an agency;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written.