Job Code: 163
# of Openings: 1
At MEGA - Mattel, our vision is "Creating the Future of Play’’. We achieve this goal with creative and inspired employees who know that play matters. Play is integrated into everything we do and believe as a company.
Make a difference in kids’ lives, join our Global Brand Team! We offer competitive compensation & benefits, as well as a flexible work schedule and half-days on Fridays!
We believe in you and the potential of us!
Manager Marketing – Gaming & Pop Culture
Mega Bloks Gaming and Pop Culture, a global leader in the video games and entertainment construction sets, is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join our Global Brand Marketing team. Specifically, we are looking for an aggressive, consumer-oriented person who is interested in the gaming & entertainment properties and construction sets. This individual will be responsible to lead in the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical marketing programs, focusing on global brand strategy, product, and content across the gaming and pop culture segment in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day line development for brands/brand segments with the cross-functional team (including customized and int'l only products) to achieve goals and manage to key milestones while meeting margin and line rationalization targets;
- Manage brands to financial targets and brand budgets;
- Develop brand and segment strategies through market analysis and stakeholder input;
- Collaborate with key subsidiaries to incorporate global market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication to ensure effective flow of information;
- Execute global brand-building activities and develop global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups;
- Communicate franchise/brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team;
- Develop and manage brand forecasts;
- Build cross-functional relationships;
- Ensure consistency across the franchise/brand.
- Thorough understanding of the business objectives related to marketing/brand management;
- Advanced understanding of standard marketing techniques and research methodologies;
- Advanced understanding of the gaming industry and consumers;
- Ability to differentiate and create compelling positioning statements and relevance for our consumers and customers;
- Thorough knowledge of annual financial plans;
- Ability to provide insights to product and packaging development teams and give feedback on concepts in an effective and constructive manner.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 6 years (4 years with MBA) experience in consumer or brand marketing;
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills and product development experience required;
- Prior leadership experience in gaming marketing/brand management including managing multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams;
- Proven analytical. conceptual skills and digital marketing skills;
- Excellent French and English skills (written/verbal), time management and quantitative/analytical skills required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Proven ability to drive change and results through influential leadership skills;
- Demonstrated strong facilitation skills and ability to identify common ground amongst individuals with divergent opinions and perspectives;
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills with a persuasive nature;
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated positive attitude, sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable items.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.