It starts with you. It’s an experience only Calgary can provide – the freedom of open spaces, the comfort of Western hospitality, a spirit of innovation and an inspired sense of community. For visitors and residents alike, our airports are the first and last impression of what makes Calgary unique. It starts with our modern environment, superior service and commitment to safety above all. It starts with our reputation for excellence and personal pride. The energy starts here. It starts with you.
The Calgary Airport Authority is a not-for-profit non share capital corporation, responsible for the management, maintenance, operation and development of the Calgary International Airport and Springbank Airport under a long-term lease from the Government of Canada.
If you have a passion for social media, we have an exciting opportunity for you! This new role will be responsible for building YYC’s and the Calgary Airport Authority’s presence on digital media platforms by developing and deploying a comprehensive social media strategy. Specific duties include:
- Develop, maintain and support all online communication initiatives on a wide variety of digital platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube and other emerging social media sites.
- Target strategies to address unique needs of multiple audiences: employees, airport employees, potential job candidates, travelers and the general public.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications team to ensure traditional communication channels are leveraging social media platforms and to ensure consistent brand and messaging is occurring across all communication channels.
- Build presence of YYC and the Authority on all digital media sites to increase visibility, build corporate reputation, identify revenue opportunities, and develop relationships.
- Develop, edit, publish and update ongoing content on all social media sites in a variety of formats, including text, images, video or HTML.
- Continuously monitor and adapt social media tactics by setting measurable targets. Utilize appropriate social media management tools to monitor, manage and analyze social media channels and related social data.
- Ensure company pages are optimized within each platform to increase the visibility of the Authority’s social content.
- Create, manage and update a social media Editorial Calendar that feeds into the overall Corporate Communications Plan.
- Keep abreast of emerging platforms, tools and trends.
- Collaborate and support Human Resources in the development of social media strategies that support their Recruitment Strategy and Employee Engagement Strategy, reinforcing the Authority as a “great place to work.”
- Communications specialist with proven experience in developing and implementing digital media strategies and tactics. Typically obtained through post-secondary education in Communications or related disciplined combined with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Extensive understanding of the social media universe, trends, channel use and their business applications. Deep knowledge and understanding of the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Extensive knowledge of emerging social media trends and tools, with the ability to integrate new applications into the developed digital media strategy and existing platforms.
- Knowledge of other digital programs such as:
- Wordpress, or other Content Management Tool experience (DotNetNuke, SharePoint)
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS)
- Web analytics and web metrics (Google Analytics)
- Search Engine Marketing/Optimization
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Social media management tools, such as Hootsuite or Sproutsocial
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills. Familiarity with Canadian Press Style Guide. Able to adapt style to suit different communications media and audiences.
- Strong customer focus and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- High degree of judgment and discretion.
- Innovative and creative thinker with a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism and integrity.