We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals as well as the impressive and sometimes provocative partnerships we are building worldwide. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our business development team by adding highly skilled individuals. Individuals who will focus on forging new partnerships, expanding existing ones, and uncovering unique opportunities all aimed at keeping us on the leading edge of consumer engagement and content delivery.
Joining our business development team, successful candidates will own key global regions, developing a diverse portfolio of content partners. The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Newsweek, Vogue, Men’s Health and T3 are just a few on a long list of great publications we work with. Aimed at building a comprehensive and immersive content offering, you will engage your creative and analytical skills to drive success for content providers and PressReader in a number of key areas, including distribution, revenue, and evolving reader attraction and engagement. A progressive understanding of technology in relation to publishing and a perceptive approach to marketing as it relates to content is essential to work at optimum levels with internal teams and external partners.
Make no mistake, this role is fast-paced and demanding with huge growth opportunities. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work in an incredibly exciting, constantly evolving environment with a young, smart and ambitious team. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there’s plenty of room for advancement plus the potential for international travel. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing from the ground up.
- A natural closer. You yell your successes from the roof top all the while you are closing the next deal as you sprinted up the stairs.
- Passionate, motivated and very hard-working. This isn’t the kind of job where you can hang out on Facebook Messenger or checking out the latest Twitter gossip.
- Relationship driven. You know there is more to it than just wining and dining.
- Detail oriented and super organized. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s are only the beginning. Targets and deadlines make you run harder.
- An excellent communicator – both written and oral with a strong command of the English language.
- Revenue focused. You can serve two masters - your employer and your partners, simultaneously.
- Not afraid to engage with senior leaders of large corporations and are familiar with the nuances. You’re not a traditional thinker, however, allowing you to circumvent corporate hang-ups.
- Can intelligently and thoughtfully discuss the future of publishing with industry knowledge to back up your opinions.
- Have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in international business or business communications.
- Have plenty of ambition and motivation. You’re not looking for a 9-5 role but rather the chance to be part of a hard-working, fast-moving team. You’re always learning and self-improving.
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people tend to give up.
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humour. This one is non-negotiable.
- A regular consumer of content and are an avid reader. You have diverse tastes in magazines and newspapers, and can articulate what these publications mean to you. You ‘get’ the publisher mindset and what they are trying to achieve.
- Possess a willingness to learn and a collaborative attitude. You can take feedback without pouting, and you easily build positive relationships with your colleagues.
- Fluent in English and French both speaking and writing.
Nice to have
- A passion for the publishing industry, evidenced by a deep knowledge of industry trends, regional differences, leaders and global brands.
- Experience negotiating commercial terms in a contractual format.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada for any employer, have a valid passport, and no restrictions on their ability to travel. Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurances;
- Installments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan;
- long-term disability and AD&D insurances for the employee;
- Up to 6 paid sick days per year;
- Up to 5 paid bereavement days;
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year for start;
- Salary advances in exceptional circumstances;
- Reimbursements for professional training and the membership in the professional associations;
- Gym membership.