Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Manager, Communications is a member of the Passenger Market Development Management Team. This person is a strategic-minded, action-oriented individual with at least seven years’ experience in corporate communications. The position supports the company and all Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to build awareness and support for corporate initiatives, positions and customer-service programs. The Manager develops short, medium and long-term communications plans and programs to reach key audiences, protect and enhance the corporation’s reputation and advance its brand image among all customers, external stakeholders, media, public and Edmonton Airports employees.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify issues and develop strategies and tools to protect and enhance the corporation’s reputation and brand.
- Monitor and prioritize work flow and scheduling, supporting staff to proactively solve problems and seize opportunities. Multitask to respond to emerging priorities, and balancing workload to achieve longer term and ongoing results, work under pressure within specified timelines.
- Develop, implement and review communications materials and processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Represent the company as a spokesperson when required, and oversee scheduling and coverage of traditional and social media responses 24/7, 365 days per year. Build and maintain professional relationships with the media.
- Demonstrate customer service orientation in supporting internal clients. Work cooperatively and collaboratively to deliver integrated initiatives with peers, such as the Manager of Marketing, Manager of Passenger Market Development, and the Manager of Creative Services.
- Oversee Community Investment Program and community engagement programs, ensuring Edmonton Airports is viewed as a valued community partner worthy of support.
- Professional experience in strategic-based communications and business strategy knowledge
- Experience developing and delivering consistent, accurate, useful and on-brand messaging to customers, the public, media and other stakeholders.
- Experience managing communications during a crisis, providing timely and clear communications
- Demonstrated ability to manage employees on a daily basis to ensure objectives are achieved within set timelines
- Demonstrated capability to manage budgets, monitor expenditures and to provide financial reports
- Successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain airport security clearance