American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
The Manager of Business Development – National Sales is responsible for selling Payment and Working Capital solutions to Large Market prospects and clients in Ontario.
- Learn, absorb and sell intricate Payment and Working Capital Solutions to a defined list of National Accounts.
- Create and develop C level relationships, understand prospects financial goals and objectives, and link American Express’ value proposition
- Collaborate with and utilize Senior Leaders to advance the sales cycle and close opportunities.
- Aggressively explore/exploit lead-opportunities within assigned territory.
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels and with multiple decision makers.
- Prepare presentations; manage and document selling cycle and customer information.
- Partner with card operations, sales support/pricing & technical service providers to provide best product offerings and close opportunities.
- Partner with the Sales and Account Management groups within AMEX to facilitate cross selling and lead generation opportunities.
- Be accountable, a leader and team player share best practices to secure team success and market share.
- Meet and exceed aggressive sales goals.
- Finalize contracts with all necessary corporate service functional and legal approvals.
- Lead implementation of new customer accounts with local or international account managers and the various operations groups
- Post-secondary education 7+ year’s experience selling to the “C” Suite.
- Experience selling premium priced products to Large Market Corporations within the financial service industries.
- Experience and/or exposure to financial accounting, Information Systems and procurement systems and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and financial acumen; ability to uncover process improvement/product opportunities.
- Demonstrated big-picture and strategic thinking abilities Utilize consultative selling process to present customer-needs-oriented solutions and exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage quickly and thoroughly through selling cycles to drive immediate wins.
- Demonstrates highly competitive nature, skillful adaptability and persistence to drive results.
- Historically sets/achieves challenging goals and re-defines personal standards of excellence.
- Manages time, priorities and projects with precision and appropriate tools.
- Persistent; takes initiative and sustains action over time, results despite obstacles/opposition.
- Establishes and leverages strong internal and external partnerships to facilitate goal achievement.
- Confidently networks and builds value-added relationships with senior executives and decision makers. Influences with multiple approaches, leverages personality/style differences and utilizes strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional listener that compliments effective negotiation skills. Is naturally curious and is willing to take time to learn both AMEX and client’s business.
- Has drive and passion to succeed in position.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.