Auto req ID: 2434BR
This position works to improve Lehigh Hanson’s market position and achieve financial growth. Strategic direction is provided by the senior management team, from which the incumbent takes a proactive approach to define business development plans, build key relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions. This position requires extensive travel throughout the Region.
- Business Development planning includes identifying greenfield/brownfield aggregate reserves, distribution network opportunities, joint ventures, swaps, divestitures, acquisition targets, and other capital projects in line with the company’s strategic goals.
- Prepare comprehensive analyses of the economic, demographic, and competitive landscapes of current and potential markets
- Convert information and analyses into actionable decision frameworks and summary presentations for senior management.
- Lead the investigation and evaluation of potential business opportunities and execute strategic projects to drive sustainable profits
- Create strategies and plans to drive revenue growth, value enhancement and cost optimization.
- Prepare and present investment and divestiture proposals that include a thorough evaluation of projected financial returns, market opportunities, and key risks.
- Maintain and prioritize a target list of prospects based on their desirability and feasibility as well as financial and competitive measurements.
- Support re-zoning and permitting for new aggregate reserves
- Direct due diligence teams in reviewing all aspects of proposed deals.
- Lead project teams and coordinate functional expertise as assigned by senior management.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including: potential investment targets, internal management, government, industry, and community leaders
Skills and Qualifications
- MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience in the building materials industry and business development
- Superior problem solving, project management, financial, research and market analysis skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience in analysis, prospecting, networking and persuasion
- The ability to devise and implement highly sophisticated strategic deals through the coordination of functional teams and expertise