Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Manager, Business Development
As a Manager of Business Development for AI (Artificial Intelligence) within the Content and Services team, you will be responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships with Canadian and global CPs (Content Providers) for Samsung’s AI service. Select partner solutions will be incorporated into Samsung’s AI platform. You will manage partner specific marketing campaigns as well as end-to-end deal negotiations including key technical and business parameters. You will also need to communicate with internal cross-functional teams such as product, technology, sales and marketing and facilitate decision-making and communication across all core team members.
A background in the AI service industry is preferred. To be successful in this position you will need to have strong communication skills and a well balanced view of business objectives and technical dependencies combined with a high level of confidence when communicating with partners. You should have the passion to generate new ideas combined with quick execution to create unique customer experiences that strengthen localized CP partnerships.
- Identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships with CPs (Contents Provider) and global consumer technology start-ups
- Develop new business initiatives in AI & Voice-Assisted ecosystems while creating appropriate revenue models
- Manage complex deal negotiations from initial term sheets to commercial contracts. Ensure complete alignment of various internal and external stakeholders
- Manage existing partner relationships to maximize value through successful marketing campaigns and new partnership opportunities
- Help coordinate all work-streams for operating the AI service ecosystem in the global market; facilitate decision-making, communication, and efficiently manage project milestones
- 5~10 years of experience with global service companies (AI, Voice-assisted or Recommendation engine experience preferred)
Experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with CPs (Content Providers) or consumer technology start-ups
Previous experience with Canadian Content Providers
Good understanding of the AI competitive landscape
Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
Strong communication skills
Proven leadership skills with ability
Detail oriented and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities or deliverables
Experience managing large complex projects
Strong trouble shooting capabilities and intensely goal-oriented
Possess strong analytical skills
Leadership / organizational skills
Creative problem solving skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.