The Role: You will work with the Layout Lead and the Director to create sequences that convey the story through traditional camera principles in a stereoscopic environment. Be able to create and maintain shot continuity both of camera and objects across a series of shots. Understand and establish how camera enhances and serves the story at a specific point in the film.
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Strong Maya knowledge with good problem solving skills and a solid understanding of a stereoscopic feature animation pipeline
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues in order to maintain continuity within the sequence
- Previous experience of scene layout to match previs or storyboard reference is preferred
- Technical problem solving skills – this is key to the role, so basic Mel and Python scripting is ideal but not required
- Excellent Maya skills and a strong knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work
- A working knowledge of stereoscopic cameras and shot-to-shot depth continuity.
- Previous film industry experience (preferred)
- A strong background in feature CG character animation a plus
- Excellent Maya skills, and a good understanding of how to best use facial and body pose libraries
- The ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools
- A thorough understanding of the feature animation pipeline from modeling through rigging, animation and rendering
- The ability to work well in a team and solve shot specific issues independently
- The ability to project requirements and work within a deadline
- A basic understanding of rigging techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts, animation or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.