Foremost is a manufacturer of vehicles, drills, parts and tooling for water well, construction, mineral exploration, seismic, oil and gas and geo-technical and environmental applications. They are an innovative, world-class company that uses strong experience in engineering and production to consistently deliver functional and reliable products to the agreed specification, performance, price and delivery.
Currently, Foremost Industries is a leading company with a strong reputation, continuing to be at the top of its industry through design innovation, process refinement, and investment in people and technology. Foremost truly values its employees, and provides them with ongoing training and support, along with a nurturing work environment.
Due to expansion, Foremost Industries is looking to hire a Junior Graphic Designer for their office in Calgary, Alberta.
This is an exciting and newly created role in which you will be responsible for a broad range of graphic design projects and activities. Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that all branded items follow identity guidelines;
- Assist employees with logo usage, creating documents and forms, etc.;
- Prepare artwork for print, display, and promotional materials;
- Assist in the development of advertising campaigns including concepts, messaging and visuals;
- Work with sales staff to prepare presentation items including PowerPoint;
- Work with third party vendors (printers, suppliers, web developers) to ensure all procured goods and services meet quality and brand standards;
- Assist with website maintenance, and ensure up-to-date brochures, photos, video and information have been added;
- Create and maintain an organized structure of media files on the server; and
- Perform basic photography and assist with special events when required.
To be considered, you must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic communications, electronic publishing, information design, new media or similar and at least one year of experience in a similar role.
You'll need the ability to multi-task to a deadline and a balanced focus between creativity and results. In addition, you must have intermediate to expert hands-on experience using Adobe CS5 Design Premium as well as the MS Office Suite in a PC environment. Experience with video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro) and video graphics (Adobe After Effects) would be highly desirable.
Professional photographic skills using a DSLR camera would be highly regarded, and you ideally have technical troubleshooting experience.
To be successful in this position, you will need a keen eye for detail paired with superior communication skills. Specifically, you have the exceptional grammar and spelling abilities needed to produce accurately completed projects.
Above all, you are passionate about producing quality design work and working collaboratively with others. This is the ideal opportunity to set yourself up for the future with a genuine opportunity for growth and career progression!
A competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits plan is available to the right person.