Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing new technology to life. Where we make things happen when we work together. Just imagine what being on the leading edge of technology could do for you, for everyone! At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Career Opportunity: Junior Digital Media Planner
- Plan, develop, and execute effective media placement strategies using all available online tools including search, display, mobile, social, video and possible emerging technologies.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators and reporting metrics for all online activity, ensuring a proper measurement of ROI.
- Identify, initiate, negotiate and oversee execution of programming/content partnerships and/or contra partnerships with other appropriate organizations.
- Be a key resource in educating both the In-House Media Agency and Shaw’s Marketing team on emerging technologies and new online opportunities.
- Source and implement third party ad-serving platforms, measurement platforms, and planning tools.
- Create and maintain budget control reports.
- Liaise with Media Coordinators to facilitate the processing of ad insertions, schedules, and corresponding invoicing.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Media, Broadcasting, or Business.
- Minimum four years experience in a media, marketing, advertising or promotions capacity, preferably within an agency or media organization.
- Extensive experience planning and buying all forms of online media, including search.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Superior negotiating skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience creating and analyzing media research.
- Ability to able to adapt to a fast-paced, ever changing media environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.