Modern Tribe the company behind The Events Calendar, is looking for a JS Engineer in North America to join our product team.
We’re currently working on high-profile WordPress and SaaS products with a focus on calendaring and events. We will want to see code examples – public code is ideal. We want people that are able to develop code that can withstand high traffic sites and intense loads. You should be comfortable working as part of a team – your code will have to integrate into an existing architecture. If tightly optimized code get’s you excited – you’re probably a good fit.
- ADAPT - Integrate code into existing theme architecture
- COLLABORATE - Coordinate with designers, back-end developers and other theme devs
- PERFORM - Produce code solutions that load quickly and smoothly
- REVIEW - Be a good code steward and optimize/review other team members’ code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced level React skills
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Basic WordPress skills
- Proficience at local environment development
- Examples of plugins / code that you’ve released to the open source community
- Experience with es2015 and Babel
- Advanced WordPress debug skills
- Apple Mac dev environment
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work exclusively with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.