Resource Request ID: 2015-153783
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
Your activities will include:
- Working with our User Experience team to take mockups and sketches to working applications.
- Reusing UI elements where possible from our existing Web Toolkits offerings
- Designing and development of new UI elements to fulfill missing needs, and returning that to the Web Toolkits team for all UI developer at the firm
- Opportunities for training, delivery, and authoring
- Collaboration with other enterprise infrastructure and technology teams
- Experience with Perl in Linux Environment
- Knowledge and practical experience with Perl Database modules (DBD, DBI)
- Knowledge and practical experience with SQL, preferably on Sybase.
- HTML5/CSS: You are seen as an expert developer in your current team
- Strong experience in designing scalable web architectures
- Expert in Object Oriented design. You can easily create reusable GUI and server side components, and deliver robust APIs that other developers are happy to use.
- Thoroughly understand testing and documentation as they are integral to delivering high quality solutions
- You are naturally very technical and curious.
- Good understanding of core computer science concepts, e.g., data-structures, algorithms, and you know how to practically apply them when necessary
- You take the initiative to propose ideas and air concerns
- Excellent communication skills
- Core perl. You are seen as a strong developer in your current team with a focus on restful frameworks and concurrency.
- Experience and knowledge wider than the RIA space is a plus: Linux, dynamic languages, databases, networking, etc.
- No specific business knowledge is required, but a healthy interest in all of the firm's lines of business is valuable in understanding and responding to the needs and priorities of the varied application development teams we work with.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.