TransCanada's Public Affairs and Communications department is evolving to support our growing business, provide ongoing support to business transformation efforts, and further engage and inform our employees. This is an exciting and interesting place to build your career as part of a network of internal and external communicators.
We are seeking a Senior Internal Communications Business Partner to support the Human Resources client group.
The successful candidate is a seasoned practitioner who is:
- Experienced in delivering communications programs in the areas of human resources, talent management and organizational effectiveness;
- Credible and effective as a consultant for senior leaders – proving communications counsel and support;
- Committed to develop collaborative partnerships with internal clients over the long term;
- Comfortable navigating in a large, complex organization;
- Passionate about how best in class internal communication contributes to employee engagement, change management, and organizational effectiveness.
The Internal Communications Business Partner is responsible to:
- Advise and support the Human Resources leadership team on internal communications issues;
- Understand the demographics and needs of the audiences impacted by human resources programs, policies and practices;
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary change management team consisting of human resource consultants, learning and development advisors, and organizational change specialists;
- Develop integrated internal communications plans and programs in the areas of:
- Total Rewards
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Service Delivery
- Employment Policies and Practices
- Merger Integration and Change Management
- Employee Engagement, Culture and Values
- Implement communications tactics using a mix of electronic, web/online, face to face and print mediums;
- Lead and project manage supporting resources required to develop communications tools and tactics, e.g., digital specialists, graphic designers,
communications coordinators, client subject matter specialists;
- Measure the effectiveness of communications activities using a mix of quantitative and qualitative techniques;
- Provide mentorship to others on the integrated communications team.
Qualifications and Education
- Proven ability to use innovative modes of communication to market HR programs and enhance the employee experience;
- Client-focused with advanced consulting and facilitation skills;
- Strategic thinker - weighs issues and develops effective solutions in collaboration with clients;
- Partners with clients to set objectives and deliver results in an independent manner;
- Impeccable written communication skills – writing and editing materials for internal audiences and translating often-technical subject matter into easily understandable terms;
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver results under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Advanced collaboration skills - engaging the right stakeholders and extended team members effectively, participating in healthy debate, and looking for win-win solutions that produce the best outcomes for the organization;
- Continually expand expertise in the areas of communication, change management, and organizational development; incorporate best practices and innovative approaches into programs;
- Must be flexible, able to travel, and able to work non-standard business hours when necessary.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree with a minimum 10 years of experience in corporate communications;
- Proven experience developing and implementing internal communications and change communications programs with cross-functional teams in a corporate setting;
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting the human resources portfolio;
- Significant experience in a consulting role, leading project teams and driving results;
- Accreditation with the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is an asset;
- Additional education (change management certification, facilitation, and/or coaching credentials, project management certification) is considered an asset.
This position requires candidates to:
• Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 10/18/2016. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 25041. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.