Office/Bureau is looking for an Intermediate Web Developer with strong WordPress skills to join our team and help us create beautiful, thoughtful work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- A team-player mindset, with the confidence to defend or run with an idea on your own
- At least one personal project on the go that you’re passionate about
- Grace under pressure and a strong commitment to deadlines
- The gumption to figure out a problem yourself, and the desire to share your discoveries when you do
- The ability to work quickly without sacrificing consistency and details
- A burning need to constantly improve your craft
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 – 5 years working experience
- Significant experience with WordPress, including building themes from scratch
- Proficiency in Creative Suite
- A strong understanding of web standards and current best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot browser and device compatibility issues
- Familiarity with current and emerging frameworks and technologies
We’re a small studio with a tightly integrated design and development process. You don’t have to be a designer, but you should understand what makes a good design work.
At Office/Bureau you’ll never just be handed a PSD file to ‘slice and code.’ You'll be an integral part of the process by participating in creative meetings, researching and strategizing new projects, building wireframes, and creating interactive proof of concepts. Our designers look to our developers for input and advice early and often, and will appreciate the same in return.
This is an intermediate position so we’re looking for 3 – 5 years experience. This can be self-directed or as part of a team, although some team experience is preferred.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT O/B:
- We're a creative-led agency, with all senior roles occupied by designers and developers
- We're deeply committed to maintaining a diverse team of people with varying backgrounds and perspectives
- We work reasonable hours on a flexible schedule (if you're working more than 40 hours a week, we're doing something wrong)
- Fun Fridays! Every Friday afternoon we drink beer and work on fun internal projects, products, and experiments
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, and performance-based bonuses
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A Health Spending Account which covers a greater range of health-related expenses than typical insurance plans
Office/Bureau is a design and development studio in downtown Toronto. We work with a range of clients large and small in a number of different industries, and collaborate with some of the top creative agencies in North America. Our team is small, but our projects aren’t, so we’re looking for someone willing to learn and grow along with us.