Our client is looking for a full-time Intermediate Web Developer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate has 3+years of experience in the Advertising industry, building user interfaces and working with CMS. Not only is this perfect candidate extremely talented and technically equipped (see below), but they are “brave” in their yearning to produce great work and “decent” in their day-to-day dealing with fellow Gents and clients.
This is an in-house position and provides tremendous opportunity for personal growth as the agency and digital team grows too.
- Proven education, training and certification in web programming or related fields
- Working knowledge of list management and mail deployment systems such as Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, TM Messenger, or other CRM solutions.
- Expertise in cross-browser compatibility including desktop browsers (IE 8+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) on Windows and Mac OS, and mobile browsers on smartphones and tablets (Android, iOS).
- Experience with CMS including, Wordpress, Expression Engine, etc.
Development tasks include:
- Create websites in HTML and CSS from design files.
- Knowledge of CSS grids and front-end frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap, but also
- Capable of developing full responsive sites without the use of frameworks
- Create MySql databases and work with the data within
- Use PHP to add additional functionality to websites, and connect with MySql databases
- Create Wordpress themes and plug-ins
- Maintain existing codebases which are either flat HTML/PHP, Wordpress, or Expression Engine sites.
- Baaic web server management to add domains, hosting or databases, through host admin tools, and Plesk
- Develop HTML emails for deployment
- Create and deploy mailings with systems such as Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, and TM Messenger