You eat, breath and sleep design and would not let any creative challenge go unsolved. You like your towels to line up neatly and you have an obsession for organization and simplicity. It’s in your blood to be detail orientated. You may have been labeled as a “neat freak” by some of your peers. You believe that attentive and detailed execution is key in bringing a design concept to life. You have a strong understanding of design & colour theories. You have mad pen on paper skills and would never leave home without your sketchbook. You can work independently or work collaboratively with a team. You don’t mind talking directly with the client; in fact you think that’s the best way to go so there’s less chance of miscommunication.
Who We Are:
We’re a small design studio specializing in visual communication in all its forms.We are visual strategists who believe that good graphic design is a craft requiring a unique and inspired approach. But above all else, we’re a relationship company. Creating and nurturing relationships is what we do best -with our team, our suppliers, our partners, and our clients. Providing outstanding creative is a given, but how we get there is uniquely Squeeze. As a small shop we get to know our clients, create great relationships, and then develop the great ideas that ultimately help them accomplish their "big" things. We’re creative problem solvers, and we have fun doing it. Period.
- Initiate and execute design process including (but not limited to): research, client meetings, concept development, sketches, artwork creation and manipulation, and final production of files.
- Work collaboratively with the Partners and Project Manager to ensure designs communicate the desired message and to make the creative vision a reality.
- Prepare print specifications for applicable projects and send to Project Manager.
- Proofread and prepare files for print or web.
- Ensure that final files meet technical and quality standards.
- Print management – proofing and press checks.
- Provide mentorship and training for Junior Graphic Designers
- 5+ years experience.
- Post Secondary Diploma or Degree majoring in Design & Visual Communication.
- Extremely proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid website design skills and ability to prepare files for programming.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong proof-reading skills.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong typography skills (must love kerning!!).
- Ability to solve creative problems.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to create and communicate creative strategies in a clear, concise and compelling manner and strong presentation skills.
- Self motivated and takes initiative.