Full-Time Digital Media Sr. Art Director – Protiviti, Kitchener, ON
Protiviti’s Waterloo practice (www.protiviticommunications.com) develops employee-based communication solutions which help our global clients communicate operational efficiencies, improve human performance and reduce financial loss. Our solutions include the development of custom and creative interactive media and print-based training programs, program branding and awareness programs covering a broad range of topics from anti-money laundering to safety and loss prevention. We are a distinguished leader in the communication and management of job-related risk and we have an impressive client list.
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems and minimize operational and technology-related risks. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, we have served more than 40 percent of FORTUNE 1000® and FORTUNE Global 500® companies. Protiviti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Robert Half (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half is a member of the S&P 500 index.
POSITION: Digital Media Sr. Art Director
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
The Digital Media Sr. Art Director leads a team of interactive media designers and developers who execute a wide range of interactive, mixed media design projects for a variety of clients and diverse applications. Projects include eLearning modules, instructional video and interactive presentations with SCORM compliant comprehension testing. The Interactive team also creates website designs and other web-based communications devices such as ad banners and Flash video/animation interfaces. The role includes directing the creative development of interactive training and communication programs as well as the design of interactive exercises or gamification strategies used to test knowledge retention and improve the learner’s experiences. The incumbent will use a wide range of applications, including but not limited to: Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Apple Compressor, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Captivate. This is a client-facing role and will require some travel, participation in sales presentations and production of project budgets.
- Partner with Account Managers and Communication Directors to establish creative approach to training and communication programs.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and presentations, which could include travel to client locations.
- Lead a team of digital media creatives, which includes establishing resourcing on projects, defining training and equipment requirements and ensuring proper technical approaches are incorporated.
- Establish project budgets in partnership with Estimator.
- Demonstrate an understanding of training and communication strategies and make decisions on the implementation of training strategies so that they align with client budget, audience demographics and resource capabilities.
- Partner with Communication Directors, Writers and Project and Account Management to ensure a successful project for the client and Protiviti.
- Roll up the sleeves and be part of the Interactive team designing and executing digital deliverables.
- College diploma / university degree in graphic or digital media design
- Experience in instructional design or development of training courses is an asset
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in interactive media development
- Working knowledge of a wide range of applications, including Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Apple Compressor, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Captivate (the successful candidate will be an extra “hands on” with the team when needed and therefore must be current in application knowledge)
- Experience managing a team of designer / developers
- Ability to generate fresh new ideas within a group brainstorming environment
- High level of enthusiasm and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating creative development ability
- Ability to thrive in a busy creative environment, juggling multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- A keen desire to stay current with digital design trends
- A sense of humour