Full-Time Interactive Media Designer – Protiviti, Kitchener, ON
Protiviti’s Waterloo practice (www.protiviticommunications.com) develops employee-based communication solutions which help our global clients communicate operational efficiencies, improve human performance and reduce financial loss. Our solutions include the development of custom and creative interactive media and print-based training programs, program branding and awareness programs covering a broad range of topics from anti-money laundering to safety and loss prevention. We are a distinguished leader in the communication and management of job-related risk and we have an impressive client list.
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems and minimize operational and technology-related risks. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, we have served more than 40 percent of FORTUNE 1000® and FORTUNE Global 500® companies. Protiviti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Robert Half (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half is a member of the S&P 500 index.
POSITION: Interactive Media Developer
REPORTS TO: Interactive Media Creative Director
The Interactive Media Designer is responsible for executing a wide range of interactive, mixed media design projects for a variety of clients. Projects include instructional video/animation, mobile/web applications and eLearning modules with SCORM compliant comprehension testing. The incumbent will use a wide range of applications, including but not limited to: Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Apple Compressor, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Captivate.
The talent will work with a team on some high profile clients in various industries such as retail, financial and professional services. He or she will work closely with the Interactive Media Creative Director, Communications Director and the Creative team – made up of Graphic Designers, Writers and Program Managers – and will assist in the creation and delivery of projects.
The Interactive Media Designer is expected to:
- execute creative decisions regarding the development of projects based on written scripts or input from the Interactive Media Creative Director, ensuring quality control and consistency of the final product.
- perform technical editorial functions, including video/audio editing, colour correction, graphic design and integration.
- possess a keen eye for detail, an ability to handle multiple assignments, a strong work ethic, determination to get the job done and thick skin to ease the acceptance of feedback and critiques.
The successful candidate must also be an eager collaborator and an active contributor to the Creative team; a creative, highly organized self-starter who works well independently.
- College diploma / university degree in graphic / web / multimedia design
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in graphic / web / multimedia design
- Experience editing video with Adobe Premiere Pro CC or Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Demonstrated understanding of branding and marketing strategies and implementation through a portfolio
- Demonstrated desire to learn new skills / tools, a self-teacher
- A keen desire to stay current with trends in digital communication
- A willingness to do more when timelines are tight