As an Interaction Designer, you will work closely with the other members of R&D, clinical specialists, application specialists, and other product stakeholders to create product designs based on a strong understanding of target user needs and business goals. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Travel on-site to meet with end-users, and interview internal product stakeholders
- Study and document user goals, user requirements, and business goals using best-practice methodologies
- Analyse user data to develop strategies and ideas for incorporating into product designs
- Define requirements, use cases, and key design success metrics
- Evaluate existing designs’ performance against key metrics to understand impact and recommend enhancements
- Write UI Requirements based on user and task analysis results
- Create compelling and innovative designs, respecting UI requirements and based on strong understanding of user goals and product requirements.
- Articulate the designs via story boards or rapid prototypes
- Follow established human-computer interface (HCI) design principles and best-practices
- Organize design feedback and usability testing sessions
- Incorporate design feedback and test results into final designs
- Write GUI design specifications to share with other teams such as development, quality assurance and documentation.
- Support software developers in making good UI detailed design decisions and tradeoffs
- Follow Intelerad’s software development process and promote changes to improve your performance within the software development lifecycle
- Share the results of your analysis with the appropriate product stakeholders
- Provide project managers with timely progress information
- Effectively communicate your design to product stakeholders and developers
As a successful Interaction Designer at Intelerad, you demonstrate the ability to think both conceptually and strategically, with a talent for creating compelling and intuitive user experiences that meet core user needs and high-level business goals. You are highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have an adventurous mind.
- A master’s degree in human factors or human computer interaction is a definite asset.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
- Ability to transform user needs and task flows into intuitive GUI product designs which optimize human performance.
- Strong user interface analysis and design skills
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience leading and participating User Research initiatives.
- Strong conceptual and execution skills
- Expert knowledge of wire-framing techniques and related tools.
- Experience with quantitative analysis, usability testing, and contextual user research approaches.
- Expert knowledge of rapid prototyping techniques with tools such as Axure
Communication and organizational skills:
- Collaborate effectively with team members.
- Articulate and present design concepts and decisions effectively.
- Work closely with engineers to communicate design specifications and provide interaction design guidance during implementation and pre-release activities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment