BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located in downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC, as well as one of Canada’s Top Digital Media Companies by the Digi Awards. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and Business in Vancouver awarded her the prestigious Forty Under 40 award.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.
BBTV maintains a culture of creativity, drive, collaboration and care and seeks to create dream jobs for every team member.
We are currently looking for a Head of Branded Entertainment & Content Strategy to develop and oversee all initiatives associated with Branded Entertainment, Original Content Production, and Content Strategy at BroadbandTV.
- Oversee the Branded Entertainment team with regards to translating incoming briefs from potential advertisers into ideas that meet client objectives, reward BBTV audience and maximize revenue.
- Together with the advertising sales team, create and build out commercial creative propositions to sell to market and drive the development of these with operations key stakeholders.
- Scan the market to gauge where our competitors are within the space and develop commercial propositions that learn from and improve on their offerings.
- Work with the Content Operations and Community Development team to assure all content created is aligned with the Company’s content strategy and monetizable via direct sales efforts;
- Develop and manage a robust content development team and all corresponding systems and processes;
- Work with Content Production companies based in Vancouver and Los Angeles and manage the content development pipeline;
- Continuously develop the Company’s content strategy as it relates to owned and operated channels, and strategic partnerships;
- In collaboration with the leadership team, develop content/network strategy in order to identify relevant content verticals, strategic commercial partners and content creators
- Provide general advice regarding content strategy of the Company;
- Help the company leverage grants and additional funding available for content production and content development
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate the performance of the content strategy and branded entertainment team through regular one-on-one and team meetings; conduct and document performance reviews of the team (quarterly goals and annual reviews);
- Continuously track the progress of the team and provide regular reports to the Company’s top management;
- Assess and evaluate training needs of the team and ensure training and development needs are met within budgets;
- Ensure all corporate policies, procedures and legal obligations are understood and followed by the members of the team;
- Work with management team to develop, implement and manage accurate forecasting as it relates to the team;
- 8+ years in Branded Entertainment, Content Production, Advertising, or Agency experience
- Strong passion and understanding for entertainment, technology, and online video
- Experience in negotiations and working with legal to close deals
- Experience in overseeing and managing a team to drive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to grow the business
- Strong communication, presentation, and pitching skills
- Strong aptitude with Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, and related tools