- Coach, champion and leader of Twitter revenue strategy within agencies working as a consultant to guide and support their initiatives of optimizing results of campaigns.
- Be the key influencer of revenue growth for agencies.
- Accountable for managing agency incentive: develop incentive framework, negotiate and follow-up on execution of established plan
- Responsible for developing both the long term vision, strategy and OKR for the agency team based on knowledge of the market, product and competition
- Drive agency focused strategy in order to build and maintain strong relationships with top client executives.
- Develop key agencies by having a deep understanding of their KPIs and drive the commercial strategy to optimize revenue.
- Generate revenue towards a defined quota established for revenue earned from ad serving and other services.
- Set strategy and OKRs for agency portfolio and adequately forecast revenue based on knowledge of the market, product and competition.
- Own quarterly sales forecasts, planning and budgeting
- Accountable for increasing sales revenue, client acquisition and growth within agencies.
- Provide thought leadership as it relates to ad serving platforms and the use of data to improve marketing efficiency
- Proactively identify and advise sales and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning
- Optimize the rationalization of support functions through effective Account Planning and managing the cross functional efforts while simultaneously understanding company priorities
- Proactively identify and provide deep knowledge and insights to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform (product) offering
- Actively coach, develop and lead their team and act as a sales leader for the broader team
- Foster productive relations with Agency CEO and VPs of Media
- A deep understanding of advertising industry
- At least 10+ years proven sales experience in media with strong foundation in technology, or in technology sales.
- Proven experience setting up and growing an advertising sales team and successfully building and growing advertising sales revenue
- Proven team player abilities setting collaborative work environment to deliver results
- Experienced people manager with a track record of building and contributing to high performing teams
- Able to develop comprehensive forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
BE COURAGEOUS: Good Managers constantly seek Knowledge
- Has superior knowledge of the market, the product and the competition.
- Builds routines to ensure constant learning. They are Learn-it-Alls
- Understands that true value of knowledge lies in the ability to create value on-the-ground. They work hard to make it real for everyone.
- OPerate from the strong basis of knowledge and confidence. They understand business drivers, context, and root causes in order to solve problems.
- Are open to asking bold provocative questions that they do not have the answers to.
- Open to saying I do not know and happy to learn from anyone on the team.
- Learns equally from mistakes and successes and share their learning with their team on both verbal and written communication to drive the right behaviours on their team.
- Unafraid of challenging status quo and apply new frameworks and interesting management insights to their day operations.
BE A TEAM PLAYER: Good Managers recognise the importance of Coaching
- Provides space for coaching every day. Understand that spontaneous feedback is the most powerful way to correct or reinforce behaviours.
- Creates a Feedback Culture by constantly giving and receiving timely, actionable feedback to all levels of their team.
- Makes high expectations clear at the beginning of each quarter via OKRs and reinforces these expectations every day thru feedback and 1:1 meetings.
- Treats feedback as a gift and thanks people for it. Constantly seeks out informal and formal feedback from people they can count on for critical feedback.
- Are comfortable in delivering direct communication and confronting an issue with feedback
- Takes responsibility for devising and executing a winning plan (no excuses) with their team
- Knows their reports long-term goals and uses them to connect a strong vision of the future while coaching.
- Create and implement a strong 1:1 culture focused on structure and productive meetings
- Celebrates when the team delivers on partnership commitment.
BE FORWARD THINKING: Good Managers have a clear sense of Accountability
- Are the CEO of their teams and take full responsibility as well as regularly measure themselves in terms of the success of their team across Revenue and team OKRs.
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Forces people to put ideas on paper and measure success on outcomes.
- Accurately forecasts revenue
BE CLEAR: Good Managers excel and having a Clear Communication
- Communicates in clear, unambiguous terms that lead to action
- Knows there is never over communication when it comes to important information - repetition does not spoil the prayer.
- Strong project manager - is always clear on who does what by when and how we measure success to iterate.
- Thinks about communication design to ensure that their teams is getting the best information in a manner that they can digest.
- Makes sure everyone has the information they need to be successful and ensure that their team sees what they see to provide context.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.