NATIONAL Public Relations is seeking a talented, creative and details-driven Designer to join our design studio in Calgary. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects. NATIONAL offers communications and creative services to a broad range of leading corporate, government and institutional clients.
The ideal candidate for this position works well in a deadline-driven and collaborative team environment and will work directly with clients. The designer will possess the discipline and experience necessary for developing creative concepts into completed, polished solutions.
The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience in a studio or agency environment and a portfolio that shows conceptual and design talent.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- A passion for design, flexibility in implementing a variety of aesthetic styles, a strong sense of typography
- Experience in creative problem solving within demanding deadlines, ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs
- Creative thinking and proven experience developing web strategies
- Experience in developing integrated accounts, including building client relationships
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable as part of a project team, able to explain ideas and write creative briefs
- Ability to effectively manage multiple integrated projects, deadlines, budgets and priorities
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions, motivate a project team and share expertise with others
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, with experience in HTML, CSS, multimedia and Flash an asset