B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com
A 6 month contract to start, this role has a strong opportunity to go permanent for the right individual!
Based in our Toronto studio as part of the Global Marketing and Business Development team and reporting to the Director Creative & Graphic Design based in Seattle, the Graphic Designer – is responsible for supporting the creative and graphic design needs of our studios, while ensuring B+H global brand compliance and standards. This position will work closely with B+H Principals and Directors, Proposals Managers, the Marketing Communications and Graphic Design team members based in Toronto and other studios.
The successful candidate has experience in a fast-paced, design focused atmosphere and thrives in an international, collaborative virtual team environment.
- Creative and innovative graphic design execution for a range of branding, business development, marketing communications and internal initiatives and activities, includes but not limited to:
Presentations; Digital and Printed, Advertising, Email Campaigns, Signage,
Branded Business Collateral, Events, Signage and Award Submissions
- Manages deadlines and project details through regular and ongoing communication with project management to keep project on track and on schedule and assists with timeline development
- Collaborate to develop, maintain and adhere to processes and standards, to ensure that marketing materials are consistent, up to date and accurate.
- Interface with and manage print vendors through all phases of work; from estimates to pre-press to production to finished project.
- Coordinate, direct or assist photography efforts for projects, people and events
- Source and manage imagery, complying with all applicable copyright laws
- Represent and provide insight into local market requirements and nuances, during the development of creative for global campaigns
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a design firm, agency or in-house design group
- Must be proficient using MAC and PC operating systems and applications
- Must have advanced proficiency in the most current Adobe Creative Cloud design and production software tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, focusing on Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in Brand Identity and development.
- Strong knowledge of printing production and processes
- Experience and interest in the Planning, Architecture or Interior Design industry
- Knowledge of UI/UX design, HTML, CSS, and CMS WordPress is an asset
- Interest or knowledge in Motion utilizing Adobe Flash, AfterEffects, or Premiere
- Interest or knowledge in Environmental Graphic Design
- Digital marketing experience considered an asset
- Experience working in other parts of Asia considered an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Positive, hands-on attitude with willingness to perform other tasks and assignments assigned