Reporting to the Director of Business Development & Communications and working closely with internal teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting projects across the entire organization.
As a key member of our consulting team, the selected individual will be responsible for design and production of electronic media for websites, web application interfaces, print media and additional materials to support Silvacom™ and our clients.
The specific duties of this position may include:
- Conceptualizing creative designs for print, including posters, booklets, brochures, maps and other materials
- Designing content for and supporting execution in social media streams, blogs and email campaigns
- Creating visually engaging information and advertising posters and map for both Silvacom and our clients
- Developing engaging user interface and aesthetic designs for websites and web applications
- Creating or supporting engaging presentations for both Silvacom and our clients
- Providing web support to Silvacom and client websites
- Working with a diverse team of people including; subject matter experts, project managers, resource analysts, GIS specialists, graphic designers, application developers and marketing professionals
- Working independently and collaborating in a team on deadline driven projects
- Maintaining and enhancing Silvacom’s brand through the execution of clean and consistent design
- Supporting Silvacom’s Business Development & Communications team in the development, monitoring and reporting of ads, presentations and proposals
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong skills in layout, typography, color theory and image editing
- A strong understanding of identity branding to maintain a consistent identity for Silvacom and client projects across all media
- Results oriented and efficient
- Well-developed processes for creative strategizing and problem solving
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Has high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Able to translate ideas into creative designs that are effective
- Thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment
- Is self-motivated and versatile enough to work in a team setting, or independently without constant supervision
- Applies initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Welcomes being challenged and pushed professionally
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Dreamweaver and WordPress CMS would be an asset
- Experience with video editing software, such as Apple Final Cut or Adobe Premiere would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in graphic design or related digital design
A university degree or diploma in graphic design or related field.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with abilities, a medical/vision/dental package, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a company sponsored RRSP plan, as well as no end to challenging opportunities!