Tracking Code: 531-085 Job Description
An exceptional company is founded upon exceptional people. At All Weather Windows, we invest in our people and are always looking for new opportunities for our employees to grow alongside our business, working together as part of a team to achieve success. We’ve been continually recognized for our attention to employee satisfaction and through a fun collaborative work environment we find meaningful solutions for internal and external customers. If you want to make a difference then this is the place for you.
As Canada's largest privately owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows operates in 9 branch locations across the country and has manufacturing facilities in Edmonton and Mississauga. All Weather Windows has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Alberta’s Best Workplace. We are currently recruiting for a Graphics Designer to join our Edmonton Head Office team.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will be responsible for to create or coordinate the creation of electronic and/or printed graphic materials. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools to develop comprehensive layouts and the production of marketing collateral.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving the creative process from information gathering, to conceptualizing, to final art release
- Adhering to corporate branding standards and style guides to create new and maintain artwork for marketing materials such as brochures, catalogues, print ads, etc
- Work with external partners (creative agencies, printers, photographers etc.) as needed
- Manage media agency related to media buying and ensure relevant choice of publications
- Prepare files for print production
- Inventory management of marketing print materials and dealer related assets
- Design electronic and printed materials for trade exhibits, displays, publications, marketing materials, Web sites, sales support and other channels.
- Create and produce JPEGs, PDFs, video, clip art, graphs, charts, thumbnail images, and other design elements
- Plan production schedules and workflow for the entire design process.
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Identify, source, and select vendors/service providers for printing and publication services, as necessary (e.g. illustrators, printers, photographers, etc.)
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards
- Provides technical graphics assistance to production personnel, content authors, publishers, clients, and/or vendors/service providers
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content
- Where necessary, write and edit marketing copy, Web copy, etc.
Primary Qualifications Required:
- Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent education
- Two years’ experience in Graphic Design
- Experience working in a Mac and PC Environment
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft office
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpretive skills to analyze technical information and create illustrations
- Ability to flow with change in direction
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Jointly funded benefit package and RRSP matching program
- Opportunity for training and development to enhance your skills
- A team that works hard, but doesn’t forget to stop and celebrate its success
If you embrace variety and change and are looking for a growth environment favouring the development of competencies, then come join us!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.