Sobeys is 100% Canadian! We have over 1,300 locations in more than 800 communities. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have CAREERS that fit your life.
With over $16 billion in annual sales, Sobeys Inc. is one of only two national grocery retailers in the country. We offer retail careers under our grocery banners of Sobeys, IGA, Foodland, Thrifty Foods, FreshCo, and Price Chopper as well as healthcare careers within Lawtons Drugs and Sobeys Pharmacy Group. Our stores are supported by a community of dedicated, hard working employees in our regional offices and an industry leading distribution network.
"If you love what you do and you do it well and you're looking for a fast, dynamic environment where you get to work with a lot of people in your peer group, where it can actually be a little bit social, where you can perform and have fun, this is a pretty cool place to work."
Bill McEwan President & CEO
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the overall layout and design of weekly flyers for all store banners. The Graphic Designer will lead in the development and designs for all banner advertisements, signage and flyers in order to drive freshness, quality and appetite appeal. Actively contributes to a positive and productive work environment.
- Oversee creation of weekly flyers with focus on creative imaging and flyer design
- Design IGA, Sobeys, Smart Shopper and IFT flyers
- Design seasonal catalogue
- Upload Sobeys and IGA flyers to website
- Provide design input and concepts that drive freshness, quality and appetite appeal to consumers
- Build flyers in accordance to banner specific strategies
- Place images on flyers, posters and other advertising material in a manner that best delivers competitive marketing while meeting customer needs
- Design newspaper and magazine ads
- Design IGA, Sobeys, IFT and SWCB signage
- Design Freson Bros. Insert
- Design flyer wraps for Sobeys, IGA, Freson and SWCB
- Assist in multiple proofs process
- Complete docket projects as assigned
- Create new flyer templates and structures in accordance to brand standards
- Perform color correction as required
- Train new graphic designers when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per company requirements
- Proficient use of Creative Suite 5
- One to four years of industry experience
- Portfolio must be shown at interview
- Post secondary diploma in Graphic Design, preferably from Grant MacEwan
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet rigid deadlines
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively