The University Relations Marketing team at the University of Calgary is currently seeking a talented and technically advanced Graphic Designer, Donor Engagement, for a temporary relief (15 month) term. This full-time position reports to the Director, Creative Services in Marketing and has functional accountability to Donor Engagement and Campaign Communications, within the University Development team.
The graphic designer will help to achieve the university’s marketing and communications goals by working within the creative team for the creation and production of graphic design for print and digital experiences. The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of creativity and technical expertise, both at an intermediate level.
Detailed, strategic, and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines, the graphic design role requires exceptional interpersonal communication skills and an ability to seek integrated solutions to project challenges.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a successful and growing creative team.
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a graphic designer in both print and digital environments
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study such as visual communications or graphic design
- Outstanding creativity and an amazing portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative design solutions that meet client needs, budgets and deadlines
- Experience in applying consistent design concepts across event collateral, setting up stylesheets and production-ready files for publications, and working within brand principles for print and digital materials
- Fluency in current graphic design and digital practices and the ability to design – from concept to final artwork –
for a variety of audiences
- Advanced knowledge of typography, layout and colour principles and strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Web design experience is an asset
- Experience working with printers to ensure that technical and brand specifications are met
- Motivation and desire to learn on the job, with a keen interest in the post-secondary education sector
- Demonstrated interest in remaining at the forefront of current design trends. Willingness to experiment with new ideas and tools