The University Relations Marketing team at the University of Calgary is currently seeking a talented and creative Graphic Designer to join our team on a temporary one-year (maternity leave) contract.
As an essential member of the University Relations Marketing team you will provide professional graphic design services to support the fundraising objectives of the university.
Adaptable, flexible, deadline-oriented and extremely well organized, University of Calgary Graphic Designers demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication skills and an ability to seek collaborative solutions to design challenges.
Working effectively with the Creative Director and key members of the fundraising department you will contribute creative ideas and deliver thought provoking and high quality design solutions. Projects will range from reports, to ads, to fundraising and event collateral.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a successful and growing creative team.
Key aspects of this role are:
- Design and produce artwork for all faculties of The University of Calgary for all manner of printed materials. Take concepts and visuals through to print ready artwork
- Provide input into creative development
- Create and communicate concepts
- Present and rationalize creative approach
- Provide advice to University of Calgary colleagues regarding the university’s visual identity
- Develop relationships across the university and in particular with the central Donor Relations team.
If the below describes you to a ‘t’, we would like to hear from you:
- Diploma or degree in graphic design or related professional work experience. A minimum of five years’ experience in both print and digital environments
- Competent with: Macintosh OSX Operating System; Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop; and Microsoft Office
- Experience designing materials for educational institutions/not-for-profits is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of design, and production, including producing corporate publications, is essential
- A creative and enthusiastic designer
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An eye for effective layout and attractive typography
We look forward to hearing from you!