Title: Graphic Designer
Company: Hopewell Residential
Job Type: Full-Time
City: Calgary, AB
Hopewell Residential Management LP (Hopewell Residential) is one of Alberta’s leading residential development companies, building uncommonly stylish homes in world’s most sought after communities for more than 15 years.
Hopewell Residential is a fully-integrated residential land development (Hopewell Residential Communities) and homebuilding (Sabal Homes LP) company, which prides itself on market leadership through the passionate pursuit of excellence and the goal of creating a valued legacy of outstanding new communities and beloved new homes. Hopewell Residential stands for excellence, integrity, and innovation, and our passion to lead is supported by a culture that rewards those who give their best. We understand that our employees are the backbone of our business, and as such we look for hard working team members who share our commitment to collaboration and shared success.
Hopewell Residential currently has a full time position open for a Graphic Designer to join the Sales and Marketing team. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Community Relations.
Hopewell Residential requires a talented graphic designer to work with our diverse internal marketing team and Agency of Record to support strategic marketing goals on both the housing and development sides of our business. We build uncommonly stylish homes in the world’s most sought after communities, and we’re looking for a graphic designer with the design sense, work ethic and experience to help us fulfill this vision. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Community Relations (aka Creative Director), you’ll follow the lead of our Agency and collaborate with our creative team of marketing experts in developing business and marketing material which ensures the consistent representation and promotion of all Hopewell Residential brands (including Hopewell Residential
community brands and Sabal Homes).
The Ideal Candidate
If you have agency experience – which means you’re able to think and work creatively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with an eye on multiple brands all at once. You’re self-motivated, professional, and collaborative and enjoy a team environment. You have strong organization skills and are a stickler for detail. You have a production-bias, but have a strong creative eye and willingness to take direction. That said, you’ll also be called-upon to be creative in your own right on certain projects and initiatives. You have experience with all types of design and are particularly comfortable in the digital environment. You know how to work with people, and are okay being creative within a corporate environment (albeit a youthful one). You can contribute to an atmosphere of fun, creativity and productivity, and you are the embodiment of our corporate culture: you enjoy working with a professional team and have a great sense of humour. In return you can count on a fun and youthful working environment where you’re respected, challenged and rewarded.
- Collaborate with Agency and internal team to interpret creative concepts across multiple media;
- Work collaboratively with creative agency and marketing team to execute various marketing initiatives consistent with pre-determined strategies;
- Design, prepare and print sales-support material for Hopewell Residential sales centres and communities (including floor plans, sales hand-outs, brochures, displays, and miscellaneous P.O.P. collateral);
- Work closely with marketing and sales to regularly update and print Hopewell Residential marketing collateral;
- Effectively manage deadlines and workload between Hopewell Residential brands (including community brands and Sabal Homes brand), maintaining distinct yet complementary brand look and feel;
- Resize advertising and marketing material as needed, and manage ad and print material submissions as required;
- Create and manage internal corporate communications, branding and marketing design projects;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required;
- Strong design portfolio with 6-8 years design and interactive work experience;
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree majoring in Design & Visual Communication;
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, creative brief development and creative execution;
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Word and PowerPoint;
- Attention to detail and strong proof-reading skills;
- Reliable communicator with peers/co-workers, AOR and vendors as needed;
- Ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment;
- Provide quality assurance on all creative deliverables;
Work may require occasional weekend and/or evenings. Some travel may be required.