Morrison Homes is a large volume homebuilder with a rich 53-year legacy of building quality homes and enduring relationships. We build a broad range of home types in Calgary and Edmonton, from multi-family projects and starter models to high-end estate homes. Awarded the CHBA-Calgary’s Builder of the Year for 11 of the past 13 years and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in setting industry standards of excellence and customer satisfaction. We foster a positive, fun and supportive team environment as we aspire to live our brand promise of being The Homebuyer’s Best Friend™.
Morrison Homes has an immediate need for an attentive and conscientious Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this individual will be responsible for producing and updating existing marketing collateral, POS and signage; coordinating day-to-day marketing activities; and providing in-house creative support as needed.
The Right Person
Inspired by creativity and motivated by a passion for quality and visual brand standards, you are eager to put your skills into action and grow in your career with an industry leader. With a growing knowledge of graphic design tools and principles, you demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills, while taking pride in consistently carrying out day-to-day tasks with attention to detail and a focus on quality. An excellent communicator, your verbal and writing skills allow you to collaborate naturally with team members and develop effective marketing communications when called upon. With a warm personality, positive attitude and great sense of humour, customer service comes naturally - an important attribute when working in a small team and with other departments (including our beloved sales team). While mature, responsible and organized, you thrive in a positive environment that is fun and creative.
- Understand established brand positioning and strategy
- Help standardize and follow visual style guidelines
- Act as point of contact for sales centre requests
- Create, update and produce print collateral, including maps, handouts and floorplan brochures using in-house equipment
- Coordinate day-to-day marketing requirements, including POS installation, lot signage and print collateral material for all Calgary sales centres and showhomes
- Assist in the development of marketing materials as required
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local vendors and suppliers
- Update website content, including copy and supporting graphics
- Manage and coordinate inventory of promotional items and apparel
- Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of materials and marketing deliverables
- Diploma or degree in graphic design with a minimum of 3 years of relevant production experience
- Experience in the home building and/or residential land development industries a strong asset
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS6 on Mac OS X, with emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate diversity by working both independently, and within a dynamic team environment
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes, but is not limited to competitive salary commensurate with experience, extensive health and dental benefits, additional paid time off during Christmas, tenure bonuses, and trade discounts.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by August 18, 2014. Please ensure that the subject line contains the job title