Rocky View County is seeking a creative, experienced, and highly motivated Intermediate Graphic Designer to join the Communications team to provide a range of design and communications support services targeted at both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaboration and execution of creative for a diverse range of branding, advertising, public relations, and corporate communications deliverables. A strong working knowledge of and experience in corporate visual communications is essential.
This position calls for a true team player skilled in the ability to match strategic direction with appropriate design results for high-level communications initiatives across all media. Attention to detail combined with a strong working knowledge of design-related applications is essential.
- Designing solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Creating strong and compelling design concepts.
- Proliferating the corporate brand in adherence to established guidelines.
- Designing: storyboards; page layouts; prototypes; publications; photo enhancements; advertisements; merchandise; communications collateral; and website material.
- Providing solid quality assurance on creative deliverables.
- Building and maintaining a rapport with the communications team and Rocky View County staff.
- Assistance in the planning, development, and implementation of internal and external communications deliverables to effectively promote the goals, objectives, and accomplishments of key initiatives undertaken throughout the County.
- Assistance with planning and execution of print and new media communications projects.
- Writing and/or editing corporate and advertising copy.
- Liaison with third party suppliers to ensure consistent brand application across all media.
- Maintenance of positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Aptitudes:
- A strong design portfolio with 2+ years education and/or 3+ years progressive design experience.
- Developed and diverse communication skills.
- Manage and prioritize a variety of projects with varying deadlines.
- The ability to articulate creative ideas to various internal and external audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of both the print industry and electronic media.
- A proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail.
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A passion for design and an eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.