Morrison Homes is looking for a new in-house Graphic Designer. As Calgary’s one and only 12-time Builder of the Year, we’ve worked hard to build a reputation as the Homebuyer’s Best Friend and need an enthusiastic and creative team player to join us in building the brand and supporting sales. We’re the kind of team that tries new things, works hard, and has a lot of fun in the process. If this sounds good to you, read on.
The Role, in a Nutshell
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the following:
- Understand Morrison’s established brand positioning and strategy
- Design or coordinate the development of creative assets for both on and off line marketing efforts
- Act as point of contact for sales centre requests, including marketing collateral updates and production to support new home sales
- Design and manage new sales centres
- Assist in advertising campaign creative development and execution
- Coordinate, design and execute point of sale signage and material, including marketing collateral
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with agencies, vendors and suppliers
- Update website content, including copy and supporting graphics
- Assist in social media management
- Manage and coordinate inventory of promotional items and apparel
- Help standardize and follow visual style guidelines
The Right Person
You are a creative type that also happens to fuss over the details. With graphic design and advertising experience already under your belt, you bring a measured sense of style and brand sensitivity to your work. A confident self-starter, you’re not afraid to take the initiative and make bold contributions. But you’re also mature enough to appreciate business realities and take feedback in stride. As a “roll up your sleeves” kind of person, you’re quick to offer help to team members. Organized and focused, you’re able to manage a busy and varied workload, but most importantly, you’re able to do it with a smile. An excellent communicator, your verbal and writing skills allow you to collaborate naturally with team members and develop effective marketing communications. With a warm personality, positive attitude and great sense of humour, customer service comes naturally. Yes, you’re mature, responsible and organized – but deep down you thrive in a positive environment that is fun and creative.
- Diploma or degree in a graphic design and a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac OS X, with emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Previous experience within the real estate or home building industry an asset
- Experience working in an agency environment considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Morrison Homes is Calgary’s only 12-Time Builder of the Year. As a large volume homebuilder operating in both Calgary and Edmonton, we enjoy a rich 55-year history of building quality homes and enduring relationships. As a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in setting industry standards of excellence. We foster a positive, fun and supportive team environment as we live Morrison’s promise of being The Homebuyer’s Best Friend™.
Compensation and Benefits
Morrison Homes offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. As an expanding business, we offer opportunities for advancement and future career growth.