The Banff Centre is the largest arts and creativity incubator on the planet. Our mission is inspiring creativity. Thousands of artists, leaders, and researchers from across Canada and around the world participate in programs at The Banff Centre every year. Through its multidisciplinary programming, The Banff Centre provides them with the support they need to create, to develop solutions, and to make the impossible possible. Moving forward, the Centre will disseminate the art and ideas developed in Banff using new initiatives in digital, web, radio, and broadcast media.
Marketing & Communications at The Banff Centre plays a critical role in effectively positioning The Banff Centre as a globally recognized centre for creativity, assisting programming areas in recruiting quality participants, promoting events that showcase our participants, and assisting Conferences and the Sally Borden Building in maximizing enterprise revenue. Marketing & Communications (M&C) is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer is an essential member of the M&C team, providing professional graphic art services to all departments of The Banff Centre. Reliable, adaptable, extremely well-organized, and inspiringly-creative, our Graphic Designers are highly motivated team players who demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to seek collaborative solutions to design problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- designing and producing artwork for all departments of The Banff Centre for all manner of printed materials
- designing graphics for The Banff Centre web site and various online platforms
- managing pre-press coordination by working directly with printing houses at all stages of print production
- working within an established budget, tracking costs, maintaining records for internal billing, and ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- providing advice to community partners and Banff Centre colleagues regarding the Centre's visual identity
If you possess a high degree of creativity and vision in approach to design, as well as the below qualifications, we would like to hear from you:
- diploma or degree in graphic design or related professional work experience
- competent with: Macintosh OSX Operating System; Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop; Microsoft Office; and scanning hardware/software
- thorough knowledge of design, promotion, packaging, and production, including producing corporate publications, is essential
- experience designing materials for the arts or other educational institutions is an asset
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
Create a candidate profile for yourself by clicking on "Apply for this Position" below. Include your resume and a pdf file or link to a portfolio of your work, as well as a cover letter explaining how your experience matches this opportunity and why you are a fit for The Banff Centre.
We are accepting applications for our new Graphic Designer until January 30, 2014.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, permanent, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probationary period.
This position pays $3040.27 per month increasing to $3378.27 per month after probation, working 40 hours per week.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the Centre offers on-the-job training, a supportive work environment, quality staff housing, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events such as our annual Long Service Awards dinner and our yearly Christmas Party, and free or reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures, and exhibitions.