RED DEER COLLEGE is currently accepting applications for GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST (Term-Certain Full-Time).
The Marketing and Communications Department is committed to developing mutual understanding and goodwill between Red Deer College and its various publics both internal and external.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, and working effectively within the Marketing and Communications Department, you will guide and assist internal clients in meeting their student recruitment marketing goals in compliance with the corporate identity of Red Deer College. You will:
- provide graphic design expertise and advanced creative skills to ensure that professional quality is maintained in effective student recruitment marketing projects such as: advertisements, program brochures, booklets, posters, programs, invitations, newsletters, recruitment publications, marketing campaigns and displays
- assist with graphics maintenance/updating of RDC website in consultation with On-Line Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- ensure the integrity of the RDC brand and logo
- Diploma (Degree preferred) in Art, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising/Public Relations with a strong emphasis on graphic design or related area. Advanced graphic design portfolio and project management experience required.
- Complete understanding of design to print process
- Excellent working knowledge (3 to 5 years experience) in: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Desktop/Electronic Publishing & Graphics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-task and multi-deadline environment with strong project management skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of people, both internally and externally
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and participate in a team environment
START DATE: January 9, 2012
END DATE: April 20, 2012
SALARY: $26.02 per hour plus 15% in lieu of general holidays, vacation and benefits