Graduate Web Developer full-time
Konrad Group is dedicated to solving digital challenges with creative technology. Our employees enjoy an innovative culture that is committed to a work hard, play hard attitude. We strive to provide each of our team members an equal opportunity for growth, great benefits and the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects and clients.
What's the gig?
As a Graduate Web Developer you'll be tasked with working on both the front end and back end of our web applications. Working within the software development team, your duties will require you to assist in the development of consumer and enterprise applications. This role is ideal for entry level developers who feel confident in their technical ability and want to be apart of the highly-skilled development team at Konrad Group for the duration of their internship.
What are the qualifications?
- Programming skills
- Ability to understand a web application from end to end
- Fundamental knowledge of core web principals (HTTP, the DOM, SSL, web servers)
- Fluency with SQL or NoSQL databases
- React or Angular experience is an asset
- Drupal or Wordpress experience is an asset
- ASP.NET or Node.js experience is an asset
What are we looking for?
- Great interpersonal skills - we work very closely together as a team and require a lot of communication
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work - always
- A love for improving software development workflows/process
- Ideally you've shipped a production web app or two in your time
- You're excited about the future of the web - ECMAScript 6 amirite?
Konrad is a team of creators, thinkers, and innovators who specialize in technology solutions. We develop digital products big and small from consumer apps to full enterprise builds.
- We offer a variety of competitive perks to ensure the workplace is a place you want to be as opposed to a place you have to be.
- Top-of-the-line Hardware - We buy the best computers we can buy for the job, nothing but high end iMacs, MacBook Pros, and Mac Pros
- Coffee & Snacks - We have a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, as well as all the coffee.
- Be part of a high calibre team - Konrad Group has some of the best and brightest developers on the market. Work together, learn together.
- Device Plan - We offer a monetary incentive to update your personal phone/tablet/smartwatch to stay on top of the latest tech.
- Continued Learning - Stay up to date using our available e-learning accounts, going to conferences, or learning from your co-workers in "power hour".
- Friday Lunch - We get something delicious for the whole office every Friday, lunch is on us!
Bonus Points: Have you taken any courses at BrainStation? A lot of our design and development best practices and processes are taught during our courses - make sure to highlight this experience in your cover letter if you have!
Konrad Group is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.