general manager - asia
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives. In Australia the first store opened in 2005. We now have over 28 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
general manager - asia
Reporting to the EVP of Retail Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing all retail operations for Asia, from hang-tag to hangers to hiring. You will lead the store operations team, ensuring efficient operations and maximum profit while enhancing the awesomeness of our culture and guest experience. You will be responsible for developing, introducing and implementing business processes to ensure a consistent level of performance in lululemon stores. In addition, you'll contribute to the annual business plan and develop the budget that effectively allocates resources to meet financial and business objectives. A penchant for developing yourself and those around you will be a key asset in this position, and having a certain affinity for a great vinyasa class will be crucial.
a day in the life of our general manager
- Hire, Supervise and develop Regional Managers across Asia
- Provide retail leadership and direction to all retail stores.
- Develop and implement retail long range plans and new and innovative retail venues.
- Maintain clear and concise communications between the various regions in your area.
- Monitor key financial ratios.
- Train succession candidates to all levels of the company.
- Interact internally with all department heads
- Interact externally with real estate developers, industry leaders and strategic marketing groups
- Serve as a member of the Operating Leadership Team.
- Plan and execute strategically to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Interact regularly with the Senior Leadership Team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to EVP for consideration.
- Participate in vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible for existing stores and the new stores that are opened.
- Has a keen eye from a visual and merchandising perspective.
- Assures that day-to-day operations including staffing, training, sales, visual merchandise, service and guest experience meet corporate standards and requirements.
- Other / Miscellaneous Duties:
- Under the direction of the EVP, performs and completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request.
Undergraduate bachelor's degree required
10+ years experience in retail operations.
strong retail and financial skills with an understanding of specialty store retailing
the finer print
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect them, as part of the Leadership Team, to be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team
- Passionate about the lululemon athletica retail floor, guest experience and product placement and sell through
- Strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
- Extraordinary and proven leadership capabilities
- Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
- Ability to inspire a team – Leaders create a future that wouldn’t have existed otherwise
- Take full responsibility and accountability for their lives and results – Live a life they love
- Integrity – Do what they say they will do, by when they say they will do it
- Open to giving & receiving feedback – they feel there is always more to learn and have a willingness to admit failures
- Excellent team player – always in the game right along with their people
- Ability to manage projects and delegate by putting people on the right seat of the bus
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary guest experience, organisational and time management skills
- One year of exceptional performance educating on the retail floor preferred
- Completion of some secondary education will be considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Our “must haves “
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
This is a temporary contract in Vancouver and the full-time offer is in Hong Kong. Position will relocate there upon completion of onboarding in Canada
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports health and fitness, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.