Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently recruiting a Front End Web Developer to be located in our Ottawa, Ontario or St. John’s, Newfoundland office. This individual will be part of our team that supports a 24/7 Weather Office and an Information Management practice. The team provides database management, software development and web-based information delivery to clients using cloud technologies.
- Design, development, testing and debugging of web applications
- Design applications from conception to completion
- Support existing applications including afterhours support for mission critical applications as required
- Participate in team JAD sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
Individual is expected to be enthusiastic, interested in new technology, have a passion for quality and a desire for innovation.
- College or University degree
- 2 to 4 year’s web application development experience in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with .NET using C#, particularly ASP.NET MVC
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with GIS web development
- Time management and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.