Are you a front end developer that is passionate about building dynamic and innovative websites? Are you technical and creative, able to see the big picture and yet focus on the details? Are you comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to work with leading technologies? If so, you may be exactly who we are looking for.
Is this you?
- You live, breathe and dream responsive design, you are familiar with design trends and understand the technical constraints of various platforms
- You bring zero attitude to work - just great ideas, a collaborative spirit and a fine attention to detail
- Have a great sense of ownership for the projects you work on and are a dedicated developer
- You are connected – all the time. Your mobile devices are your connection to the world, a source of inspiration, your entertainment unit, communication tool, and a means to experiment with digital experiences
- You are active in various social media channels and have used them before in working on a project solution
- Able to deliver projects and project components on time and budget
- Demonstrates an awareness of the larger team goals through meaningful participation in team meetings
You will have:
- College or University degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a web developer capacity
- Proven experience developing responsive web pages for multiple platforms, mobile devices and browsers
- Experience using responsive frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience with WordPress, including setup and building themes and plugins
- Ability to work with and understand new technologies as new tools
- Effective written and communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking and acute attention to detail within demanding timelines.
Nice to have:
- Experience using GIT for source control
- Experience with SASS
- Experience with responsive email coding and testing
- Experience and good understanding of best practices in Google Analytics
- Experience working with social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- Experience with web accessibility standards (WCAG)
- Experience with back-end programming, particularly with PHP or .NET
- Experience in graphic design, particularly with:
- Designing for responsive pages
Please mention FreshGigs.ca when applying for this job.