DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Most professional services firms will tell you what they are, but at MNP, we’re most proud of what we’re not. MNP is not a firm with limits. Entrepreneurial in nature, your insight and ideas, the kind that have helped us to become one of the fastest growing firms in Canada, are welcomed, listened to and acted on. We reward results and support the direction you want to take your career. MNP is not a firm with empty promises. Our definition of balanced lifestyle means fostering an environment that lets you thrive at work and make the most of your life outside the office.
Ultimately, it’s what we’re ‘not’ that we’re most proud of and we’re certain you’ll value this most as part of our team.
Join the momentum at MNP, as we are seeking a Front End Developer for our growing Technology team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Driving innovation throughout the firm, our Technology team provides industry-leading solutions that enable MNP to better serve our clients and people. We deliver on the strategic needs of service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our specialists develop, enable and support initiatives that allow MNP to deliver client service, collaborate, communicate and operate reliably and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop technical specifications for web applications
- Architect, develop and maintain front end of websites and web applications
- Build prototypes and proofs-of-concept that validate design assumptions and determine feasibility and level of effort
- Set up and configure website or web application infrastructure
- Provide input for creation of UI designs
- Translate visual designs into websites, web graphics and other online media
- Execute various technical procedures for website and web application deployment
- Execute various quality control procedures
- Perform testing and technical troubleshooting
- Maintain SharePoint sites, master pages/templates, page layouts, lists, libraries, workflows and navigation
- Provide ongoing technical support for back end development team as required
- At least three (3) years professional experience in front end web development and/or relevant post-secondary education
- Familiar with setting up and working with website or web application infrastructure (Domain management, hosting, DNS, popular web servers)
- Experience with content management systems (SharePoint, Word Press, etc.)
- Experience with mobile responsive design and optimization
- Experience or ability in mobile development; developing responsible designed websites
- Familiarity with ASP.NET and associated frameworks preferred
- Photoshop or similar image editing software preferred
- Experience using SharePoint Designer preferred
- Knowledge of popular front end frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Knockout, etc.
- Experience consuming web services – REST, JSON, SOAP, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, including Scrum
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.