Idea Couture is seeking an experienced ethnographer to join our team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have a passion for designing and conducting fieldwork, the ability to identify and clearly communicate research insights to internal teams and clients, and the nimbleness required to juggle academic theory, research methods, design thinking and business sensibility.
- Designing, conducting & reporting on qualitative field studies.
- Translating field insights into future products, services, and experiences.
- Participating in and contributing to internal and client ideation sessions.
- Collaborating with designers, strategists, technologists and others.
- Frequent global travel.
Required skills / Experience
- Master’s/PhD in anthropology, sociology, another social science discipline.
- Proven experience conducting ethnographic research projects.
- Awareness of, experience with, and exposure to design anthropology and its methods and practices is an asset.
- Previous experience in health research is an asset.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Scholarly or other publishing records.
- Prior experience doing research in a client service environment, either with an agency or consultancy is preferred.
- Fluency in French and/or another language(s) is a major asset.
- Commensurate with experience.