This position is responsible for helping to create and sustain an industry-leading learning experience at the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) through the ongoing design and implementation of effective and agile training programs for insurance brokers and brokerage staff. This is a pivotal contributor position in the association. The role will begin with a needs analysis of the association and move forward into the design, build, delivery, support and evaluation of our programs. The Education Supervisor & Instructional Designer will provide in-house expertise in:
- Adult learning
- Instructional design (with a focus on e-learning)
- Learning technology such as Learning Management Systems (LMS) and podcasts
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement
This position will report to the Director of Operations and work closely with the education team and external stakeholders.
• The Education Supervisor & Instructional Designer will lead instructional technology to support IBAO’s blended learning and change strategies that include online e-learning, multimedia, in-class and coach-enabled components.
PROGRAM DESIGN (50%)
• Candidate must have a successful track record in designing and implementing innovative training content founded on principles of adult learning that incorporates graphics, animation, digital, audio, video and other multimedia elements to foster learner engagement and interaction. Candidate must possess excellent writing skills / experience in producing and hosting adult education courses on a Learning Management Systems.
- Perform needs analysis to determine full scope of training and systems required;
- Design solutions that leverage appropriate modes of delivery based on geography, content and logistical constraints;
- Develop training collateral to standard, using the appropriate templates and version / document control management guidelines (course outlines, slides, participant / learning guides, job aids, quick reference guides, E-Learning, video);
- Ensure training collateral remains current and liaise with our national insurance broker association to ensure updates are consistent;
- Enable the delivery of training by developing instructors / facilitators through Train-the-Trainer workshops and by providing coaching / feedback as necessary;
- Participate in pilot sessions to determine the effectiveness of solution, learner engagement and opportunities for improvement;
- Monitor training through various evaluative methods (completion reports, evaluations, participant stats) to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to manager and project teams weekly on status of projects and on a regular basis;
- Build and foster relationships with external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with internal and external education leads and assist in implementing learning solutions;
- Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- University degree;
- Continuing education in relevant disciplines such as (but not limited to) adult education and educational technology;
- 5-7 years’ related experience;
- Insurance industry experience
- An eye for good design and a creative mind;
- Project management skills;
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is an asset.