Are you looking for a challenging, fun job? Then get online with SelectShops.ca, Canada's leading eTailer for Blinds, Rugs, Bed & Bath products, as our eCommerce Website Marketing Manager.
We are looking for an exceptional person to play a role in our success. We are seeking a smart, energetic person who knows how to deliver results. It is as simple as that. While we agree with the business adage that people are our most important asset, we are always looking for the best people--people with strong character: a steadfast work ethic, integrity, intelligence and dedication to fulfilling commitments. The right people doing the right things are what drive our business. If you have an appreciation of the potential for this industry in online sales, enjoy a challenge and have the following qualifications, redefine yourself with a unique team.
About the Job: You will be largely responsible for the growth of our current ecommerce website properties SelectBlinds.ca, SelectRugs.ca & SelectBedBath.ca, and will be involved in the development of future sites. You have a good sense of product merchandising for an online shop.
Career Highlights: This is an excellent opportunity to join an established Canada wide retail organization in an innovative eCommerce retail environment.
Your core responsibility will be to continually find ways to increase sales, conversion rates and traffic in three key ways:
- Continuous betterment of look, feel & navigation of current sites
- Growth of existing, plus creation of new, marketing initiatives (both online & traditional/offline)
- Development of new sites from concept to launch
- Developing and implementing online marketing strategies with focus on high growth in revenue and ROI in marketing costs, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions, and viral marketing campaigns on social media websites
- Managing existing SEM programs, allowing campaigns to achieve the highest ROI for PPC, campaign testing, budgeting, building keyword lists to expand category penetration and brand exposure
- Assisting development team in SEO program, playing key role in content building for site optimization
- Managing email marketing program, including testing, list management and reporting on program performance
- Managing web analytics for site and marketing programs, project analysis, monthly recaps, quarterly and yearly reports
- Researching and identifying new online marketing opportunities appropriate for the brand, managing new marketing initiatives
- Overseeing development of new sites including guiding programmers, graphic designers, ensuring best SEO-friendly structure, optimized web navigation, ease of use, consumer appeal, etc.
- Working with Product Managers to ensure webshops are always competitive as far as price, product
- Being involved in weekly site promotions, including on-site and supporting email campaigns
- Implementing, documenting and improving site operations and processes, project coordination and internal department work flow (e.g. emails, projects, landing pages, copy, tagging, use of reporting related to web marketing department)
eCommerce Website Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science/Business/Finance preferred)
- 2 years of work experience in a related position/field
- Strong analytical skills
-Experience in project management
- Proven work experience with eCommerce website utilization, SEO, SEM
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple items /tasks as required and adapt favourably to changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
- Basic to advanced experience with graphics editing software such as Photoshop
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel & Word
- Proven ability to think outside the box
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have initiative
- Strong sense of success driven by measurement and analytics
- Ability to work in a fast paced independent culture
- Intellectually honest and self-critical
eCommerce Website Marketing Manager Preferred Experience:
- 2 years online retail experience
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience using custom web applications a plus (for example, custom CMS or CRM)