SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over
1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
Leader of a sales team responsible for leading the SGS Canada Growth Strategy through targeted sales strategies, by working with the respective Operational Vice President and their business development team to engage, solicit, and maintain a pipeline of strategic initiatives and acquisition targets.
Assist the Business Line Vice President in soliciting, engaging, negotiating, closing and reporting on strategic transactions.
Research the domestic market and commercial landscape. Research potential client’s portfolio and industry to forecast potential business cases, and facilitate conversations between clients and specific Vice President and their business development teams.
Analyze data to determine the strategic, operational and economic fit of the business for specific markets and make recommendations. Present initial recommendations to local operations, as well as other internal teams.
Work with the Vice President to refine business growth strategies to incorporate priority areas identified from market research and develop execution plans to launch new services or new markets.
Conducts analysis and risk assessments of acquisition candidates using input from businesses and third party sources.
Perform and assist in the initial solicitation/contact with acquisition targets, prepare initial analysis and acquisition presentations for management.
Coordinate and support due diligence and transition processes.
Develop, maintain and continuously improve database and other tools used in the process; and work with the operational team members to maintain the database information.
Support and facilitate measurement of acquisition performance and transaction reporting, monitor the performance of acquisitions to ensure that business and economic standards are being achieved, and incorporate lessons learned into future analyses to improve accuracy.
Identify opportunities for process improvements and make recommendations accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, business management or any business-related fields and at least 8 years experience in sales, business development, account management, or other relevant field.
- Specialization in finance, economics and/or international business is an asset.
- Experience as a commercial manager, segment marketing, commercial propositions.
- Energetic and intuitive sales strategist with exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results.
- Ability to establish and deliver business cases, and to identify and assess the commercial requirements that need to be in place to deliver commercial success (e.g., right proposition, right price, revenue share models, etc.)
- Proven marketing and sales skills.
- Experience and superb ability to perform business research.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams and in indirect management of team members.
- Ability to keep up with technologies and networking trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic and talent for entrepreneurial ideas and execution
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.