Director, Sales & Marketing full-time
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Sales & Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. As Director, Sales & Marketing, your leadership and vision will foster an engaged team in support of maximized market share, operating results and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- The Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and administers the hotel’s sales & marketing plan and related budget ensuring integration of the strategic planning process in daily operations of the department to achieve total revenue goals.
- Leads and develops the sales team to achieve their highest potential in concert with our strategic plan and direction.
- Directs and manages all sales training, yearly sales targets, sales quotas, the incentive plan and all other corporate and hotel learning required to maintain the most effective sales professionals in the market.
- Maintains a direct market responsibility.
- Remains informed of the competition’s sales and marketing strategies and counteract effectively to secure maximum business for our hotel and our company.
- Evaluates and recommends opportunities for developing new sources of business in all market segments and thereby broadening the account base.
- Ensures the maintenance and efficiency of all sales technology.
- Ensures delivery of guest service through the operations group to exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with corporate sales and marketing management teams.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with other local hotels while working with the Regional DOS&M on synergistic opportunities.
- Leads the sales and marketing coordination efforts with local tourism initiatives to ensure a leadership role of the hotel.
- Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both colleagues and guests.
- Adheres to all colleague health and safety responsibilities.
- Adheres to the hotel’s environmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior sales management capacity within the hospitality industry or related tourism field.
- Revenue management experience essential.
- Excellent communications skills - interpersonal, written and public/media relations.
- A proven record of results-oriented leadership and team development.
- Computer literacy required in at least the following programs: MS Office, Delphi, and Property Manager.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with The Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.