At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
As the Director of Product Design, you will lead an established team of designers and researchers, and work closely with our product, creative and engineering teams to define, shape, and deliver a multitude of experiences across various digital platforms. You will play a leading role in mentoring, and expanding the design team, practice, and strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the design vision across our product suite with our lead designers to deliver a world-class banking user experience
- Act as a thought partner with lead designers, elevating our design practice, quality of experiences, and the process as they move from concept to final product
- Own development and execution of a functional strategy to grow Design and UX capabilities at Neo across people, process and tools
- Provide input into the overall company strategy and product roadmap to drive innovation and improvement in Neo's user experience
- Own team leadership, hiring and performance management of Neo's world-class design team
- Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders across Neo to identify and execute on ways to elevate the user experience across Neo's product and operations
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and innovations in product design to bring the latest thinking into Neo's product
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading teams, guiding & coaching on career direction, development, growth and performance
- Deep understanding of the design process and best practices, and proven ability to define and improve a team’s design practices
- A demonstrated history as a Lead Product Designer and a manager with direct reports while delivering innovative solutions that resonate with customers
- Extensive experience collaborating with product leadership, engineering managers, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Fluency in principles and techniques of information architecture, systems thinking, and user experience design and research.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.