Director of People Potential
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0112)
Job Number: 319125
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
• Establishes measureable People Potential (PP) goals that effectively support the mission, vision, values and goals of lululemon athletica.
• Partner with senior leaders to develop and implement PP plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results
• Be a strategic thought partner to senior leadership team on people development, programs, processes, org construct and key initiatives to enable business growth
• Align business and PP strategies to maximize results in support of business plans
• Contribute to the business strategy by helping leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
• Partner with the Executive team to build and develop the strategic vision for the organization.
• Lead and direct organizational development and employee training programs.
• Lead organization design conversations with Senior Leadership and Executive team while making strategic recommendations.
• Make strategic and creative recommendations around organizational design to Senior Leadership and Executive team.
Talent Management and Workforce Planning:
• Lead the talent planning process for respective functions
• Provides confidential guidance and counsel to Senior Leadership team around People Potential policies, practices, performance management.
• Developing staffing strategies and implementing programs and plans to facilitate strong people and leadership development.
• Ensure the effective functioning and operation of teams at the SSC and LLO.
Business Group Support:
• Coach and advise senior leadership team
• Oversee the development of company policies and advise on any potential gaps.
• Lead the communication and compliance around company policies and guidelines.
• Be a cultural stand for your business group and provide guidance and coaching as necessary.
The finer print
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Human Resources Management.
• Min. 7+ years of exp. in human resources capacity with min. 4 years proven leadership experience
• Experience in talent management, organizational design and performance management
• Experience in a product capacity– design, merchandising, planning, allocations, sourcing, product development – for a global retail experience
• Experience working in a vertically integrated retail industry is considered an asset.
• Strong presentation and communication (both written and verbal) skills required.
• Ability to develop creative and innovative programs and policies based on business requirements.
• Strong project management, time management and leadership skills.
• Strong people management skills to effectively lead his/her team.
• Strong willingness and desire to develop his/her team and supportive of personal and career goals.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.